Education, Training & Development
- Value Adding Statement
The SITA Enabler Application Training Services department provides a
quality training service and acts as an enabling mechanism to clients to
optimally utilise their skills and competencies in the attainment of
their business objectives.
Cost-effective and efficient service delivery is ensured through the
alignment and focus of training on core competencies derived from the
client’s strategic business objectives of.
Skills development is outcomes-based and in line with the NQF
standards as per the directives of the Sector Education Training
The training focus is aligned with National Strategy in order to
address the existing digital divide to ensure optimal utilisation of
systems used by Government to improve service delivery to the public.
The required IT knowledge is efficiently and cost effectively
transferred to the general public, contributing to National IT
- Business Functions and Services
- End user training
- Functional application training
- Training management
- Training advice
2.1 End user training
Comprehensive end user training services in all regions as per
customer requirements, for example computer literacy, operating
systems, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases and
mailing systems are delivered.
2.2 Functional application training
The SITA Enabler Application Training Services department provides
the full spectrum of training services within the entire instructional
design process. The products are developed and the services are
rendered according to the following:
- The required application within the unique environment.
- Regulated by Government policies, procedures and system
- In line with SAQA and NQF guidelines and specifications.
- Skills transfer can be done by means of the following:
- Conventional training.
- Distance learning.
- Electronic Performance Support Systems (EPSS).
- CBT and/or e-learning.
- The application training process is aligned with the
Instructional Systems Design Model (ISDM), which is based on the
SITA Instructional Processes and Standards (SIPS).
2.3 Training management
Training management and training project management are conducted
on the total instructional systems design process to ensure the
- Training with impact takes place.
- Training is in accordance with prescripts.
- Training outcomes comply with the requirement of the client.
- Training is executed according to the project plan.
2.4 Training advice
Advise the client on any training related issues, for example which
training solution would be the most suitable and cost effective for a
- Business Focused Instructional Systems Design Process
|1. Compile a user requirement
|2. Project planning
- Project charter
- Project plan
|Approved project charter and plan
|3. Conduct a user requirement analysis
- Target group
||Approved URA report
|4. Design learning programme
||Instructional design report
|5. Develop learning content
- User/learner manual
- Facilitator pack
- Electronic learning content
- Installation guide
|Approved training material
|6. Design & develop assessment
||Approved assessment pack
|7. Piloting & evaluation
- Updated learning programme
- Corrective actions taken
|8. Conduct training
- Learning programme administration
- Facilitate learning programme
- All administration executed efficiently
- Outcomes achieved
- Benefits to the Client
The SITA Enabler Application Training Services department delivers a
cost effective and efficient total IT/IS training solution to the client
through own ability or by following a model of in- or outsourcing.
The management of the total training process is done on behalf of the
A regional training solution is delivered through the utilisation of
the total available training infrastructure.
SITA, as single point of entry, is empowered to do collective
bargaining on behalf of the client by means of coordination and
The team of training specialists has extensive knowledge,
qualifications and experience in the following:
- Outcomes-based education and training.
- Adult learning principles.
- International computer driving licence.
- Microsoft Office specialist.
- Instructional systems design model.
- SITA instructional processes and standards.
- Computer-based training / e-learning authoring software.
- Computer-based training / e-learning concepts.
- Higher educational diploma.
- Education, training and development practitioner.